In Minddistrict platforms, configurations can be customised. The configurations on this page are not available by default. After it is available, you can modify the configuration yourself or the Minddistrict Servicedeks does that for you.
Making some configurations available or setting them up may involve costs. Would you like to use such a configuration or receive more information? Please contact the account manager via your application manager.
- Only the Minddistrict service desk can setup this configuration. Please contact the service desk if you want to use this.
- There is no cost involved in this configuration.
It is possible to have client and/or professional accounts automatically deactivated after X number of days of inactivity.
You can have this set separately for both account types: for professional accounts only, client accounts only or both. It is also possible to specify a different number of days per account type. Be careful not to set the period too tight to avoid unwanted deactivation of accounts of colleagues or clients who are away a bit longer.
Would you like to use this option or make changes in the settings? Then you, as the application manager, can email the Minddistrict service desk with the required information:
- Do you want this set up for client accounts and/or for professional accounts?
- What is the number of days of inactivity (e.g. 365 days) that can be noted for this?
This is a configuration that is activated on content platforms where you can create your own content. So this is more about a different kind/new platform than a configuration within an existing platform. There are costs involved for such a platform. Ask your account manager about the possibilities.
Via the Minddistrict Content Management System (CMS), you can develop your own content. Think of mobile modules, diary's or questionnaires that you can create.
The moment you purchase the CMS, a new platform is created where you can create content.
For more information on CMS and content platform options, visit the CMS support site for intervention developers.
This can only be done by Minddistrict. Changing a URL involves a fee.
Although we recommend choosing a good domain name when implementing a platform, it is occasionally necessary to change a domain name (URL). Think, for example, of an organisation name change or a merger.
It is basically not very desirable to change URL because this can affect findability etc.. That is why we will always ask what the reason for the change is. If you decide to change the url anyway, we will set up a redirect so that existing end users can still find the platform. Some end users favourite the platform where they have an account.
The 'Emails' tile is nowadays not available to application managers by default. It is mainly relevant in case of integrations. Do you want to have this configuration available anyway? Then contact the service desk.
For certain actions within the Minddistrict platform, an automatically generated e-mail is sent to a user.
Emails essential for authentication and security are always sent.
It is possible to have the content of e-mails modified. The following rules apply to this:
- The adjustment applies to all recipients of the concerned emails.
- Treatment-related information may never be sent via these e-mails.
- It is not possible to have e-mails sent for actions other than those described.
- It is only possible to edit text, not to add images.
There are costs involved in modifying the content of e-mails. The Minddistrict service desk can provide a file with all texts. You can use this file to submit changes.
Emails use a default greeting and signature. Would you like to have these changed? If so, please contact the Minddistrict service desk. The default greeting is now 'Hi [first name]'. Instead of just the first name, you can also choose to show both first name and surname in the greeting.
The default signature is: 'Yours faithfully, [organisation name].
Adjusting the signature or greeting can only be done for you by the Minddistrict service desk. Please get in touch if you would like adjustment in this.
This configuration has a cost and can only be set up by Minddistrict. Ask your account manager about the possibilities.
When we create a platform , the language for the platform is set.
Do you want to make the platform also available in another language to end-users? It is possible to purchase a mulit-language option.
Is another language or multiple languages available in addition to the default language? Professionals and clients can choose another language via the settings in their account.
When using the multi-language option, only the platform (menus, buttons, filter names, etc.) is switched to the language chosen by the end user. The tools in the catalogue remain in the language in which they were created. They are not automatically translated.
The following languages are available:
The Minddistrict service desk can make this configuration available to you so you can setup this further. There are costs involved in this configuration. Ask your account manager about the possibilities.
The first 3 checkmarks are ON by default. This allows professionals and clients to log in with a combination of their e-mail address and password.
Uncheck this option for both target groups or either of them then it is no longer possible to log in with e-mail address and password.
Uncheck these option(s) only if there is another way of logging in, for example a SSO. Otherwise people are unable to log into the platform.
Two-factor authentication (2FA) provides an additional security layer by requiring an authentication code. The end user receives this code via an authentication app or an SMS.
The end user goes through a number of steps if they need to use 2FA. In the last step, one can choose whether they want to use an authentication app or SMS.
Some good free authentication apps include: Google authenticator, Microsoft authenticator, LastPass authenticator. We advice to use an authentication app instead of an SMS
You can configure two-step authentication in several ways. As an application manager, for professional accounts, you have the following options:
- Off (2FA is not activated)
- Optional (a professional can use 2FA)
- Required (a professional must set up 2FA as soon as they log in)
Additionally, you can define whether and how long the authentication code should be remembered on a specific device. You can choose between:
- No, always required
- 12 hours
- 3 days
- 1 week
For clients and friends, you have the following options:
- Off (2FA is not active)
- Optional (a client?fiend can use 2FA if they want to)
- Required (a client/friend must use 2FA)
Clients and friends get to decide themselves how long their code is remembered on a specific device.
Implementing two-step authentication requires some care. Logging in is often already difficult for many users without this second layer of security. Let alone when this other step is added. When setting up, consider the following:
- Test the configuration settings properly on a training environment first.
- How 2FA works for them
- How does 2FA work for clients and how do they reset authentication for a client
Make sure the application manager(s) know how 2FA authentication works:
- see the above links for information on 2FA for clients and 2FA for professionals
- the application manager can reset the two-step authentication in the account of all professionals, including other application managers
- Can't log in as an application manager and need a 2FA reset for yourself? Ask one of your fellow application managers. You cannot reset this in your own account. Is there no colleague application manager within your platform? Then send an email to the Minddistrict service desk.
When setting up 2FA, the user receives 6 recovery codes that can be used once when the user does not have access to authentication codes. For example, when the mobile phone is lost or stolen. With these recovery codes, the user can still access the account and adjust the settings for 2FA.
If a user also lost the recovery codes then:
- An application manager can reset 2FA for professionals, excluding their own account
- A related professional or a secretary can reset the 2FA for a client
- Currently, no one can reset 2FA for friends, because professional do not have access to the friend accounts
Is 2FA set to 'required'? As an application manager, you can also temporarily (1 month) disable 2FA for a professional account.
A user can request new recovery codes at any time. This will invalidate the older recovery codes.